The available internship is focused on developing social media content and calendars consistent with our mission. The following are the priorities for our internship program for summer 2021.
- Setting up/integrating all Social accounts into a new HootSuite account (or similar platform)
- Completion of a twelve month Social calendar, with “on deck” content ready to go, based on the National JumpStart Coalition’s 12 principals and using resources from a variety of preapproved sources and partners. Content to include, partner links, social media posts, original blogs, and more.
- Completion of a six month Social calendar, with “on deck” content ready to go, based on Texas JumpStart’s needs, planned events, and objectives for the coming year. Content to include, partner links, social media posts, original blogs, and more.
- Completion of a twelve month newsletter calendar and related content. Content to coordinate with Social media planning and content.
Graphic Design Work
(Graphic Design experienced preferred, but not required. Based on experience this position will create original graphic design work or may manage a freelance graphic designer.)
- Coordinating the creation of two to three Facebook approved “frames” for future events/campaigns
- Coordinating the creation of two to three social background image/templates for future events and campaigns.
- Coordinating the creation of a newsletter format/template within a tool such as MailChimp.
- Current College or Post-Secondary Student
- Recent College or Post-Secondary Graduate (within 24 months)
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of communications, marketing and social media
- Excellent written communication skills
- Graphic Design experience preferred, but not required
This internship is supported with a stipend of $500, and is estimated to be 40 to 50 hours of work. And will not exceed 55 hours of work. The position will be supported by a board member with corporate marketing and communication experience, who will remain actively engaged with the process and work product.
Intern will be responsible for access to phone, computer, and internet service. Work hours are flexible and include weekly virtual meetings with sponsor for brainstorming, direction and feedback. Work to be completed virtually, between June 1, 2021 and August 1, 2021.
To apply, please upload a resume, writing and work samples, and complete our online application, before midnight May 16, 2021.
Texas JumpStart Financial Literacy Coalition is a 501c3 organization and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.